The 5VH Trail Run
The 5VH Trail Run (Fimmvörðuháls Trail Run) will take place Saturday August 13th 2022.The run is about 28 km, starting from Skógar and ending at Volcano Huts in Húsadal.
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/5vhtrailrun
Starting point: Skógar (Close to Skógarfoss)
Date: August 13th, 2022
Route: Skógar to Volcano Huts, Húsadal in Thorsmörk.
Time limit: 7 hours. You need to cross the finish line before 4 PM at the latest.
Maximum participants: 300
First three runners of each gender will get prices.
Included in registration fee:
- 16.900 ISK Until December 31st, 2021
- 19.900 ISK From January 1st 2022; the shirt is only included if registered before July 1.
Not included in registration fee:
- Aid Stations at Balvinsskáli (13 km), Strákagil (23 km) and Volcano Huts. Water, Sport drinks and bananas
- Shower and WC facilities once the run is complete and en route.
- No refunds, but name changing is allowed until June 30. 2022
- A long sleeve shirt from 66° North (Aðalvík) is included for those who register before July 1.
- Baggage transfer from Skógar to Volcano Huts
- Health Care in Volcano Huts if needed
- Transportation from and to Reykjavík.
- Meal at the finish line in Volcano Huts
All who register will, however, receive an e-mail in good time before the race where they will be given the opportunity to purchase these products beforehand:
- Roundtrip (bus) from Reykjavík – Skógar; Volcano Huts – Reykjavík ISK 14.000
- One way trip from Skógar – Volcano Huts ISK 8.000
- One way trip from Volcano Huts – Skógar ISK 8.000
- One way river crossing at Krossá ISK 1.500
- Meal in Volcano Huts:
- Soup: Icelandic lamb meat soup or veggie soup ISK 2.700
- BBQ cheeseburger ISK 2.200
- BBQ veggie burger ISK 2.200
Event organizers: Nátturuhlaup and Arctic Running
For further information, visit the webpage or Facebook page. Arctic Running can assist you, or your group, organizing a trip to Iceland with the race in mind. For such inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org